A user represents an individual interacting with any part of the Joyfill APIs, UI Components, etc. There are two different types of users within Joyfill: Organization Users and Group Users.
An organization represents your own product or company. A organization user represents someone in your own company. These could be your developers, customer support team, account executives, etc.
An organization user can perform actions against any objects owned by your organization.
- Groups - create, update, remove, and retrieve any group own by your organization.
- Users - create, update, remove, and retrieve any user within your organization and any user owned by a group within your organization.
- Documents - create, update, remove, and retrieve any document owned by your organization and any document owned by a group within your organization.
A group represents a customer of your business/product. Therefore, a group user represents users and employees of your customers.
A group user can only perform actions against objects owned by the group they belong to.
For instance, if you have two customers called Company A and Company B. A user from within Company A cannot access any users, documents, etc. within Company B.
- Groups - retrieve only the group they belong to.
- Users - create, update, remove, and retrieve only other users within the same group.
- Documents - create, update, remove, and retrieve only other documents within the group they belong to.